Welcome to the introduction of our new Booths range of student beginner violins. Great care and effort has been put into sourcing these already fine instruments, but like all student instruments the final attention to detail is massively instrumental to releasing the instrument’s full potential, especially to a complete beginner.
What do our beginner violins include?
Upon delivery, all sizes of beginner violins are taken to the workroom where each and every one is individually set up, which includes:
- The bridge is re-profiled to a contour that perfectly suits the capabilities of a newcomer to the violin. This is then uniquely stamped to show its authenticity.
- The pegs are then checked for ease of tuning. If found unsatisfactory, they are re-honed to give a smooth yet lockable action.
- Next we look at the soundpost. Its position is important in releasing the best tonal quality from the sound box of the instrument.
- The next optional step is UNIQUE TO ANY OTHER STUDENT INSTRUMENT. The cutting of 1st, 2nd an 3rd positions on the fingerboard, ensuring the student gets the best chance at achieving perfect intonation from the off (this of course can be reversed and is not applied to all full size violins).
- At this point the violin is tuned, the strings pre-tensioned, adjusters back off and tuned again. This results in a more stable string and eliminates tuning difficulties at these early stages.
- Finally the bow is powdered with a good quality rosin and the instrument played and given its final check.
All violins are labeled, dated and signed off by the technician responsible for the work carried out. Please note, if an individual teacher prefers any aspect of the set up to be altered in any way please do not hesitate to say.
An identification tag is fitted to the case of the instrument in case of accidental loss or misplacement. Additional extras include a maintenance booklet, a loyalty card and Booths practice diary.
We also include a half price lesson voucher, in the case of younger students, should school lessons not be possible or extra one-to-one tutorage out of school be required. Adults of course, should they find they need guidance at any point along the way are more than welcome.
Beginner Violins Prices - £99
Why choose Booths student instruments?
These new products are of good quality and will see you a student happily through to intermediate level. However, what we also offer has been carefully thought through with our staff and teachers, using our 180+ years of experience in musical retail and aftercare to make these instruments stand out from the crowd:
Post manufacture check-up
All Booths students instruments go through the workshop for a full check up and service to ensure full playability from the off. For instance, taking a Booths violin, the bridge and top nut are set and cut to optimum heights and positions, pegs are checked for ease of tuning, strings are pre-tensioned and inlays have been added to aid initial intonation. Similar attention is given to all other Booths student instruments.