Taking the next step from our beginner student range of violins, we’re pleased to bring you our intermediate set of string instruments, perfect for mid-grade violinists wanting to upgrade. These instruments feature a hand carved maple and spruce body with inlaid purfling and antiqued finish, ebony pegs, fingerboard and further fittings. It also comes with an oblong styrofoam hard case with straps, music pockets and safely features. Great care and effort has been put into sourcing these already fine instruments, but like all student instruments, the final attention to detail is massively instrumental to releasing the instrument’s full potential.
Upon delivery, all sizes of violin outfits are taken to the workroom where each and every one is individually set up, which includes:
- The bridge is re-profiled to an optimum contour before being uniquely stamped to show its authenticity.
- Fitted geared pegs for maximum tuning accuracy.
- Next we look at the soundpost. Its position is important in releasing the best tonal quality from the sound box of the instrument.
- At this point the violin is tuned, the strings pre-tensioned, adjusters back off and tuned again. This results in a more stable string and eliminates tuning difficulties at these early stages.
- Finally the bow is powdered with a good quality rosin and the instrument played and given its final check.
All intermediate violins are labeled, dated and signed off by the technician responsible for the work carried out. Please note, if an individual teacher prefers any aspect of the set up to be altered in any way please do not hesitate to say.
An identification tag is fitted to the case of the instrument in case of accidental loss or misplacement. Additional extras include a maintenance booklet, a loyalty card and Booths practice diary.
Intermediate Violins Price: £249
Why choose Booths Intermediate Violins?
These new products are of good quality and will see you a student happily through to intermediate level. However, what we also offer has been carefully thought through with our staff and teachers, using our 180+ years of experience in musical retail and aftercare to make these instruments stand out from the crowd:
Post manufacture check-up
All Booths students instruments go through the workshop for a full check up and service to ensure full playability from the off. For instance, taking a Booths violin, the bridge and top nut are set and cut to optimum heights and positions, pegs are checked for ease of tuning, strings are pre-tensioned and inlays have been added to aid initial intonation. Similar attention is given to all other Booths student instruments.