– Final set-up included, bringing the instrument to optimum playability
– Inlays cut to help with initial intonation
– Hard case included
– Available in 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 4/4 sizes
– Free discount card
What is included with our violins?
Upon delivery, all sizes of violins are taken to the workroom where each and every one is individually set up, which includes:
- The bridge is re-profiled to a contour that perfectly suits the capabilities of a newcomer to the violin. This is then uniquely stamped to show its authenticity.
- The pegs are then checked for ease of tuning. If found unsatisfactory, they are re-honed to give a smooth yet lockable action.
- Next we look at the soundpost. Its position is important in releasing the best tonal quality from the sound box of the instrument.
- At this point the violin is tuned, the strings pre-tensioned, adjusters back off and tuned again. This results in a more stable string and eliminates tuning difficulties at these early stages.
- Finally the bow is powdered with a good quality rosin and the instrument played and given its final check.
All violins are labeled, dated and signed off by the technician responsible for the work carried out. Please note, if an individual teacher prefers any aspect of the set up to be altered in any way please do not hesitate to say.
An identification tag is fitted to the case of the instrument in case of accidental loss or misplacement. Additional extras include a maintenance booklet, a loyalty card and Booths practice diary.
We also include a half price lesson voucher, in the case of younger students, should school lessons not be possible or extra one-to-one tutorage out of school be required. Adults of course, should they find they need guidance at any point along the way are more than welcome.
Enquire about Booths Instruments